Source of Recipe
Virginia - Bookclub movie 2010
List of Ingredients
- 4 loaves Pepperidge Farm thinly sliced white bread
- 4 jars Old English cheese, sharp processed (5 oz)
- 4 C. butter or margarine
- 1 T. Tabasco
- 1 T. dill weed
- 1 T. onion powder
- 1 1/2 t. Worchestershire sauce
- Soften butter and cheese and mix together with spices until a smooth spread is formed.
- On cutting board, place one slice of bread and spread with some of the mixture.
- Spread a second slice and stack it on the first one.
- Add a third slice of bread which has NOT been spread with cheese mixture.
- Trim off crust and cut into fourths with a sharp knife.
- Continue this process until all the bread has been used.
- Put sticks on a cookie sheet and freeze.
- When frozen put bread sticks in plastic bag.
- Take out as many as you like and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Full recipe makes 80.