Source of Recipe
Virginia - 2010 movie night
List of Ingredients
- 2 1/2 C. shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar Cheese mixture.
- 1 (6 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped.
- 1 (2 1/4 oz) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2/3 C. salsa
- 1/2 C. chopped, toasted almonds
- 1/4 C. choped cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas (7 - 8 inch size)
- 3 T. butter, melted
- Additional salsa, if desired.
- Oven. 450 degrees.
- Combine cheese, artichokes, olives, 2/3 C. salsa, almonds and cilantro in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Brush one side of 4 tortillas with butter. Place buttered side down on a baking sheet.
- Place 1/4 of the cheese mixture on top of each tortillas.
- Spread to within 3/4 inch of edge and top each with remaining tortilla, pressing firmly.
- Brush top of tortillas with butter.
- Bake approximately 10 minutes or until tops and bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove and let stand about 5 minutes.
- Cut each quesadilla into 8 wedges.
- May serve with additional salsa if desired.
To make as entree, add cooked chicken and cut into 4 pieces.