CHOCOLATE, WALNUT TORTE
List of Ingredients
- 1 (16-17 oz.) package brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 C. water
- 1/2 C. chopped black walnuts
- 2 C. whipping cream
- 1/2 C. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 T. instant coffee
- Follow method on brownie mix using the 2-egg recipe and water. Add nuts.
- Spoon into 2 greased, floured and waxed paper-lined 8-inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Turn on racks to cool.
- Whip cream until it begins to thicken, gradually add brown sugar and instant coffee. Beat until thick.
- Spread between and over top and sides of torte.
- Chill at least 12-24 hours before serving. Serves 10-12.