OATMEAL COOKIES (FROM THE BOX)
Off the Oatmeal Box. Chewy!!
List of Ingredients
- 1 C. sifted flour
- 3/4 t. soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- 3/4 C. shortening, soft
- 1 1/3 C. firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 C. oats, uncooked
- 1 C. raisins
- Sift together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg into bowl.
- Add shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla; beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in and raisins.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated moderate over 350 degrees, 12 - 15 minutes.
- Makes about 31/2 dozen cookies.
- For pan cookies, spread dough over cookie sheet and bake 20 minutes. Cool and cut into cookie/bars