BEEF, OVEN BEEF STEW
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat, trimmed of fat
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1" chunks
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped (or less)
- 2 C. tomato juice
- 1 C. water
- 3 T. quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 t. sugar
- 2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- Preheat overn to 350 degrees.
- Coat 9X13 baking dish with Pam.
- In baking dish combine the beef potatoes, carrots, and onion. Mix well.
- In large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour over the beef and vegetables. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 2 - 2 1/4 hours, or until the beef and vegetables are tender.
This is the perfect dish for a make-ahead dinner. Just put it together, cover and chill. Start baking 1 1/2 - 3 hours before serving.