CHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 8 oz. egg noodles (recipe called for 16 oz which was way too much)
- 2 - 3 C. cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (14 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen peas and carrots
- 3/4 C. heavy cream
- 2/3 C. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 C. cheddar cheese grated
- 1/3 C. seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 T. unsalted butter melted
- 1 t. garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil salted water and cook egg noodles until aldente. Drain and set aside.
- Combine soups and heavy cream and stir together.
- Add frozen vegetables, cheddar cheese, cubed chicken and egg noodles, and season with garlic salt sand pepper.
- Pour mixture into a large casserole dish and lightly tap it again the counter to remove air bubbles and smooth it out.
- In a separate bowl, toss together breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and melted butter. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Transfer to serving bowls and garnish with more cheese.
One pound of egg noodles would serve 16 people.