CHICKEN, CHRISTMAS CONFETTI SOUP
List of Ingredients
- 1/2 C. chopped red pepper
- 1/4 C. oleo
- 1/2 C. flour
- 6 C. chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 C. chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- 1 C. half & half or light cream
- star shaped croutons
- Cook pepper in oleo, 2- 3 minutes. Stir in flour, cook and stir 1 minutes. Stir in broth, cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly
- Add spinach, chicken and nutmeg. Stir in half & half.
- Top with croutons.
- Croutons: Use 1" star cookie cutter and cut shapes from sliced, buttered bread. Toast in 350 degree oven 6 - 8 minutes. Turn once.