CARROTS, COPPER PENNIES
List of Ingredients
- 4 1/2 C. fresh carrots - sliced, I used canned carrots
- 1 medium onion (in rings or medium size pieces)
- 1 medium green pepper (in strips or medium size pieces)
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 C. vinegar
- 3/4 - 1 C. sugar
- 1/3 C. oil
- Cook carrots 10 minutes (not needed with canned carrots), drain and let cool.
- Mix with peppers and onions.
- Mix rest of ingredients for marinade.
- Add vegetables and marinade overnight.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.