**Mama's Poor Man's Fruitcake**
This recipe comes from my maternal grandmother, Rose Slezak.
List of Ingredients
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda
- 1 large bottle maraschino cherries
- 1 box raisins (boiled 15 minutes in 5 cups water)
- 1 lb. walnuts
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Cream eggs and butter. To this, add 2 cups water from raisins.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Mix in fruits, nuts and baking soda.
- Bake in large greased and floured tube pan @350* for one hour or until a clean knife inserted comes out clean.