Brad's Favorite Cherry Stuff
Source of Recipe
Adapted from several cookbook recipes
List of Ingredients
- 1 pkg. graham crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick margarine, melted
- 2 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 pkg. Dream Whip or 1 8-oz. carton Cool Whip
- 1 can of either cherry or blueberry pie filling (Thank You brand)
- Melt margarine and add sugar. Stir until dissolved. Add crumbs. Pour into bottom of glass oblong dish.
- Beat softened cream cheese with mixer until light and fluffy. Add sugar and sour cream. Beat until sugar is dissolved. Add 2 pkg. Dream Whip or the Cool Whip. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour carefully on top of crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for several hours.
- Top with can of either cherry or blueberry pie filling. Chill overnight or about 5 more hours so cutting will be easier.
This can be cut into squares and served if well chilled. Dipping with a spoon is not recommended as it does not create as nice of a presentation.