Chocolate Swirled Cheesecake
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 box of brownie mix, any kind except Duncan Hines, mixed as directed.
- 2 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 cup semisweet morsels or 2 Hershey Bars, melted in the microwave
- Mix a boxed brownie mix as directed on the box. Pour 1 1/2 cups of the mixture into a 9-inch springform pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Bake for only 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Place a piece of aluminum foil on the rack under the pan in case there is a leak.
- In mixing bowl, whip cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sugar and vanilla and mix well being sure sugar is dissolved.
- Remove pan from oven. Pour cream cheese mixture over the brownie mix. Drop spoonfuls of melted chocolate over the cream cheese mixture and swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Return pan to oven and bake an additional 35 minutes or until set. Do not overcook or cheesecake with crack.
- Cool. Leave the rim of the pan on the pan and cool. Place in refrigerator and chill thoroughly or overnight, covered. Remove sides of pan before serving.
- Will serve 12.
I used a Wilton Avanti springform pan with a glass bottom. It baked beautifully and did not leak. Best pan I've ever used. However, the brownie mix did not cook as well as I wanted so I will cook the bottom brownie part longer next time. Don't put aluminum foil around the pan itself and do not drop the temperature for a nonstick pan.