Great Microwave Potatoes Side Dish
Source of Recipe
A family favorite, easy and quick as is and easy and quick to flavor it up even more if you like. I used Yukon Gold potatoes. These are especially light but any potato would work.
List of Ingredients
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 or 4 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- McCormick vegetable supreme seasoning
- Shredded cheese, any kind you like
- Wash, peel and slice 3 or 4 Yukon Gold potatoes into a covered casserole dish suitable for microwaving.
- Add about 1/2 cup water.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the potatoes.
- Add 3 or 4 tablespoons butter or magarine in chunks on top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon McCormick's Vegetable Supreme seasoning over the potatoes.
- Place a lid on the dish and place in the microwave.
- Cook on Hi power for 10 minutes; check for doneness and cook an additional 2 or 3 minutes if needed.
- Remove the lid and sprinkle shredded cheese over the top. Cooked and crumbled bacon may also be added if you like but not necessary if accompanying a meat.
The Yukon Gold potatoes will hold their shape and be so light and fluffy. The yellow color is nice and the shredded cheese (if you add this) will melt instantly. Delicious with grilled steaks and they cook quickly.