Monte Cristo Sandwich
List of Ingredients
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 3 ounces thinly sliced corned beef
- 1 slice Jack or Swiss cheese
- 2 slices rye bread
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Combine milk and egg and beat until well mixed.
- Make a sandwich by placing the meat and cheese between the two slices of bread. Soak the sandwich, one side at a time, in the egg mixture.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. When the bread has absorbed the egg mixture, place it in the pan and fry one side at a time until both sides are golden brown. Serve hot.
You can substitute sliced turkey or ham for the corned beef.