Source of Recipe
Submitted by Mary Beth Wortham from her sister-in-law
List of Ingredients
- 1 Pound ground beef
- 1 Cup chopped onion
- 1/2 Cup chopped green pepper
- 1 Can (16oz) pinto or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Can (15oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Can (10oz) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/3 Cup water
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 1 Cup (4oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Cup (4oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 Flour tortillas (6 or 7 inch)
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper until beef is browned and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add the next eight ingredients; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Combine cheese.
- In a 5qt slow cooker, layer about 3/4 cup beef mixture, one tortilla and about 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours or until heated through.
Yield: 4 servings