WHACK AND WOK TURKEY
Source of Recipe
Submitted by Mike Haislip
When we read this, we thought he was kidding....but, Nooooo.
We live in an area where the wild turkey population has dramatically increased and not many days go by without seeing one or almost hitting one with the car.
List of Ingredients
- 1. First you MUST go Wild Turkey Hunting and "WHACK" you a Wild turkey!
- 2. Remove the breast of the turkey and slice into thin strips.
- 3. Marinate turkey strips in your favorite marinate flavors over night.
- 4. Preheat your WOK with peanut oil.
- 5. Add turkey to HOT oil and cook until tender.
- 6. Remove turkey from wok and wipe out excess oil.
- 7. Add 1 1/2 cups water and put wok back on heat.
- 8. Add vegetables to wok, rake veggies to side of wok and place lid on.
- 9. Boil rice (white or brown) till tender.
- 10. Add rice to flat serving dish; when veggies start to steam (about 8 minutes), remove and spoon over rice.
- 11. Place turkey on top of veggies and you are ready!!!
Mike uses a frozen veggie mix consisting of broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, peppers, etc. Can use a stir-fry mix also.