Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
2 (8-ounce) pkgs. cream cheese, room temperature
1 (3-ounce) pkgs. cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla sugar or 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
4 eggs, separated
1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 (8-inch) Nut-Crumb Crust:
Crust for an 8-inch springform pan:
3/4 cup graham-cracker crumbs
1/4 finely chcopped almonds or other nuts
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, if desired
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 325F (165C). To make filling. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, salt, vanilla sugar or 1 tablespoons sugar and vanilla and lemon peel. Beat in egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour.
2. In a small bowl, beat cream until small peaks form. Fold whipping cream into cream-cheese mixture. In a a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Beat in remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. beat until sttiff and glossy. Fold egg-whites into cream-cheese mixture.
3. Grease an 8-inch springform pan. Press crust into bottom of greased pan. Pour mixture into crust-lined pan; smooth top.
4. Bake in preheated over for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted off center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours or until served.
5. Carefully remove sides of pan; place cheesecake on a serving plate. Spoon whipped cream into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe a swirl of whipped cream around top of cheesecake; arrange pecans halves on cream,
Makes about: 10 servings.