Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
Makes 12 servings
45 vanilla wafer cookies, crushed (1 1/2 cups)
1/3 cup stick margarine or butter, melted*
1/4 cup finely ground almonds
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup margarine or butter, softened*
1/.4 cup whipping (heavy) cream
1/3 cup almond paste, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups whipping (heavy) cream, divided
6 medium bananas, cut lengthwise into thirds
1. Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inces, with shortening.
2. Mix cookie crumbs, 1/3 cup margarine and the almonds. Press evenly in bottom of pan. Refrigerate.
3. Meanwhile, beat powdered sugar, 1 cup margarine and 1/4 cup whipping cream in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until fluffy. Beat in almond paste, vanilla and almond extract.
4. Beat 2 cups whipping cream in chilled medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Fold in powdered sugar mixture.
5. Arrange half of the bananas on crust. Pour half of the filling over bananas. Repeat with remaining bananas until filling. Cover and refrigerate about 3 hours or until chilled. Refrigerate any remaining dessert
*It's not recommended that you use vegetable oil spreads
Save time by using 1 container (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, instead of the 2 cups whip- ping cream, whipped. Beat 4 tablespoons whipped topping into powdered suigar mixture, then fold in remaining whipped topping as directed in step 4. Use reduced-fat whipped topping to reduce calories as well.