Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
1. Fill two bowls with ice cubes and ice water. Place in freezer.
2. Cut five bananas into 1-1/2-inch-long pieces (about 5 pieces each). Bananas should be firm and not overripe.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok or skillet on low-medium heat. Add 3/4 cup sugar, stirring constantly until it turns golden brown (about 5 minutes). Be careful not to burn the sugar. Remove from heat. Set out one ice bath.
3. Use a fork to place a banana slice in the caramel syrup. Turn the banana to coat it, working quickly, then place it in the ice bath until the caramel hardens (takes only seconds). Place caramelized banana on wax paper to cool. Repeat for the rest of the banana slices.
4. Caramelized sugar hardens very quickly, so you may want to divide the banana pieces in two groups and work with one at a time (hence, two ice baths instead of one). If the syrup starts to cool and harden, heat again on low heat, stirring constantly, until it is liquid.