Source of Recipe
Better Homes and Garden Cookbook
List of Ingredients
- 6-8 cooked, peeled and sliced potatoes
- American cheese, about 6-8 slices
- 3/4 cup milk (may need a littlle more)
- 1/2 pint sour cream
- 2 TBSP flour
- 4 TBSP margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- In saucepan melt 2TBSP butter and add flour to make a paste.
- Add sour cream, milk and cheese (break in pieces)
- Heat on low to medium until cheese is melted, stirring frequently. You might have to add a little more sour cream or cheese, fit to taste
- When smooth add potatoes and turn into casserole pan.
- Melt remaining 2 TBSP butter in microwave safe bowl and then add bread crumbs, mix well. Spread bread crumbs on top of potatoes.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until bubbly.
Recipe can be made larger by adding more of each ingredient. It is really a taste to please recipe.