Chicken, Gravy & Stuffing
Source of Recipe
Beans note *This is most excellent! The chicken tastes like oven roasted. I have also used turkey cutlets & turkey gravy in place of one of the soups, topped with cornbread stuffing.
List of Ingredients
4 chicken breasts
4 slices swiss cheese (I add some pepper jack)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup ( I like cream of celery)
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup milk
2 cups herb stuffing mix (I use more)
1/2 cup melted butter (I use 1/4)
salt and pepper
1. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place chicken breasts in crockpot.
2. Pour chicken broth over chicken.
3. Put 1 slice of swiss cheese on each piece of chicken.
4. Combine both cans of soup and milk.
5. Cover chicken with soup mixture.
6. Sprinkle stuffing mix all over.
7. Drizzle melted butter on top.
8. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Six is always perfect for me.
DO NOT STIR