Source of Recipe
Has a mello garlic flavored herb sauce for the chicken. Goes great with either mashed potatoes or rice.
List of Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
40 cloves garlic (cut any large cloves in half)
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
4 teaspoons flour
2 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
1. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Brown chicken and garlic in hot oil in a large saute pan.
3. Add wine, broth, lemon juice, and spices.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 6-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
5. Remove chicken and garlic from pan and keep warm.
6. Mix together remaining wine with the flour and mix into the pan juices, stirring briskly.
7. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened.
8. Serve sauce with chicken and garlic.
9. Mashed potatoes or rice may be served, if desired.