Garlic and Herb Oven Fried Halibut
Source of Recipe
The Best of Cooking LIght
Crumb Coated fillets are baked at a high temperature for a crisp texture.
Honeslty takes a total of 25 minutes from start to finish...GREAT quick meal
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup Panko Crumbs- this is a must
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil (ground will work too)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped frsh flat leaf parslry (dried will work too)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 (6 ounce) Halibut fillets- ANY white fish will work
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil- divided
- Cooking spray
- **dijon mustard with a little sourcream makes for a great dipping sauce**
- Preheat oven to 450
- Slice Halibut into approx. 1 inch wide strips. This is a personal prefrence- you can slice the fish into any size strips or cubes. As a rule of thumb the strips work better.
- Combine first 5 ingrediants in a shallow dish. Place egg whites and egg in a shallow dish. place flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Dredge fish in flour. Dip in egg mixture; dredge in panko mixture.
- Heat (1) Tablespoon oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 fish fillets; cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Place fish on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Repeat procedure with remaining 1 tablespoon of oile and remaining fish. Bake at 450 for about 6 minutes. Fish should flake easily when tested with a fork.
RECIPE CONTINUESPREV SECTION | NEXT SECTION