I found a commercial size recipe for this in a restaurant magazine and rescaled it for family use. It's truly delicious.
List of Ingredients
- ½ small onion
- 1 oz. ginger root, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 or 2 jalapeños or ½ habanero. Seeded
- I large clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. dried or 1-Tbs. fresh thyme leaves
- Put all ingredients in blender. Process to puree.
- Use to marinate your favorite steak. I use flank that has been needled and marinate all-day or over night. It is also great on tri-tip.
- Char-broil steak to suit your taste and slice thinly.
I use one of the meat tenderizing gadgets to needle the steaks and make them tender and able to absorb the flavors of the marinade.