- Preheat oven to 300°
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Gradually stir in the flour.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Pat into a 1/3 inch thick rectangel measuring 11 x 8 inches.
- Cut into 2 x 1 inch strips.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Prick with a fork. Bake at 300° for 25 minutes or until bottom begins to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
1) Use a pizza cutter for easier cutting
2) Use a ruler to help keep your cuts straight
3) Use the 8 inch side of your dough for the 2 inch cuts so it comes out even. One cut down the middle and 1 on each side halfway between the center cut and the edge.