Chorizo, Bean and Corn Soup
Chorizo is a wonderful, spicy, Mexican sausage.
List of Ingredients
- 1 tsp. oil
- 4 oz. sliced chorizo sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can corn (drain & rinse)
- 2 cans black beans (drain and rinse)
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the chorizo and brown for about 2 minutes while stirring to break it up.
- Stir in the onion and garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in the cumin and oregano and cook 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add broth, corn and 1/2 c. of beans to the saucepan.
- Puree the remaining beans with the water in a blender until smooth; stir into the soup.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 2 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and pepper.