Cream Soup Mix
This could also be called Cream of Anything Soup. It's a basic Cream Soup Mix which you can convert to your own favorite.
List of Ingredients
- 2 c. instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 3/4 c. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. low salt chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Combine all ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 c. dry mix.
- For a condensed cream of soup substitute:
- SOUP BASE: Blend 1/3 c. mix with 1 1/4 c. water in a 1 quart saucepan or microwave safe dish until smooth. Bring to a boil or microwave for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Stir occasionally; cool. Use as a substitute for one 10 3/4 oz. can condensed cream of chicken, celery or mushroom soup.
- SOUP: For 1 1/2 c. soup: blend 1/3 c. mix and 1 1/2 c. water in a 1 1/2 quart saucepan or microwave safe dish until smooth. Boil or microwave about 3-3 1/2 minutes.
- Suggested additons (please pre cook before adding): Cubed chicken; asperagus; mushrooms, broccoli, celery. Stir occasionally.
Quick, easy and money saving way to make your own cream soup mixes.