Ham & Cheese Breakfast Loaf
Source of Recipe
Master Chef Don's 2008 Collection
Yield: 12 Slices
Categories: Appetizers/ Snacks, Bread Machine Recipes, Breads, Breakfast/ Brunch
List of Ingredients
2 3/4 cups bread flour (2 3/4 to 3 1/4 cups)
1 package Fleischmann's® Bread Machine Yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup very warm water (70º to 80ºF)
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
12 ounces sliced fully-cooked lean ham
8 ounces sliced sharp Cheddar or Swiss cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. To make dough: In large bowl, measure dough ingredients into bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer. Process on dough/manual cycle.
2. Combine mustard and mayonnaise; reserve.
3. To shape: When cycle is complete, remove dough to floured surface. If necessary, knead in additional flour to make dough easy to handle. On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 14 × 10 inches. Transfer to greased large baking sheet. Evenly layer 1/3 ham slices, 1/2 cheese slices and 1/2 mustard mixture on center third length of dough. Repeat with 1/3 ham slices, remaining cheese slices and mustard mixture. Top with remaining ham.
4. Make cuts from filling to dough edges at 1-inch intervals along sides of filling. Alternating sides, fold strips at an angle across filling. Pinch both ends to enclose filling. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
5. Brush with egg; sprinkle with sesame seed. Bake at 400ºF for 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Remove to wire rack. Serve warm.