Braised Loin of Wild Boar with Latte Sau
Source of Recipe
Master Chef Don Easley
List of Ingredients
2 pounds boneless loin of wild Boar, with a thin layer of fat left on and tied
3 tablespoons butter
2 teshtmloons finely slivered garlic
2 teshtmloons finely minced fresh rosemary
3 cups milk, or as needed
½ pound fresh mushrooms, finely diced
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
¼ cup minced fresh flat leaf parsley
1. In a heavy-bottomed pot, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and brown the loin thoroughly.
Add garlic, rosemary, and 3 cups milk.
2. Cover and simmer slowly until boar is very tender, 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
As boar cooks, milk will thicken and brown.
Check occasionally to make sure milk is not cooking too fast.
Add additional milk if necessary.
3. While boar is cooking, sauté mushrooms in remaining 1 tablespoon of butter until lightly golden brown; set aside.
4. When boar is finished cooking, remove strings and set on platter. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
5. Add mushrooms to pot and whisk juices over medium heat until a smooth sauce forms.
Add a bit more milk if sauce is too thick. Season with salt and pepper and whisk in parsley.
6. Slice boar in ¼- inch thick medallions and pour sauce over.