List of Ingredients
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8oz.) carton sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup (6oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (12o.) Jar caramel topping
- COMBINE first 3 ingred. stir well. Firmly press mixture on bottom and 1 inch up sides of a greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake 325 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- BEAT cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1-1/4 cups sugar, beating well . Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping sides and bottom as needed. Stir in sour cream and vanilla.
- Pour batter into prepared crust. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 5 minutes. (Center will not be completely set.) Turn oven off; partially open oven door. Leave cheesecake in oven 1 hour. Remove to a wire rack to cool compeletly.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Carefully remove sides of pan; transfer cheeseccake to serving plate.
- MELT 1/4 cup butter in small heavy saucepan; add chocolate chips. Stir over low heat just until chocolate melts and mixture blends. Spread warm chocolate mixture over cheesecake; chill 15 minutes.
- COMBINE caramel topping and pecans in s small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium heat; boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool 5 minutes. Spread over chocolate; cool completely. Serve immediately, or cover and chill.