Two-Crust Pineapple Pie
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 large can crushed sweetened pineapple ; undrained
- 2 pie crust
- Mix sugar, salt and 3 Tablespoons cornstarch in a saucepan; stir in the pineapple with juice.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils. Boil 1 minute.
- Pour into pie crust and quickly cover with top crust. Cut a few slits in top crust. Brush top with milk for a glazed looking crust.
- Bake in oven at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes until browned.
I have made this pie recipe, since I was a young girl in high school. Second to Coconut Cream, this is my favorite pie.