Preparation time; 30 min.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees-cooking time; 10 to 13 min.
Yeild; 50 pieces
List of Ingredients
- 150 pecan halves ( about 3 cups)
- 50 caramels
- 8oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- On a greased baking sheet, arrange the pecan halves in groups of three (end to end), flat side down. Place a cramel on top of each cluster.
- Place in the oven until caramels soften, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flatten the caramels over the pecans with a buttered spoon. Cool slightly
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Dip the turtles into the chocolate and cool on wax paper. Store in a tightly covered containers in a cool place.