Randi39s Best Caesar Salad - part 2
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
- 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 medium heads romaine lettuce.
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 flat anchovies, minced
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil, and cook for exactly 45 seconds. Immediately remove from heat and let it cool.
- Mix Worchestershire sauce, lemon juice, garlic, salt & pepper, anchovy, and mustard in a bowl.
- Crack open coddled egg and add to the mixture above, whisking until smooth.
- Slowly add oil in a steady stream while constantly whisking until smooth. If oil is added to quickly, dressing will separate!
- Tear romaine into 1/2 inch pieces after removing outer leaves, and place in a large, preferably wooden bowl.
- Add 1/2 of the dressing, toss, then add remaining dressing, parmesan cheese, and croutons. Toss again until well blended. Serve on chilled plates.
RECIPE CONTINUESPREV SECTION | NEXT SECTION