Sweet & Sassy Ribs
Source of Recipe
Pillsbury's Grilling, Picnics & Camping
List of Ingredients
- 2 lbs. country-style pork loin ribs
- 1/2 c. apple butter
- 1/2 c. honey barbecue sauce
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- Place ribs in large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 45 minutes or until pork is tender. Drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine apple butter, barbecue sauce and onion; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat grill. When ready to grill, brush ribs with apple butter mixture. Place ribs on gas grill over medium heat; cover grill. Cook 10 to 20 minutes or until pork is browned, turning and brushing occasionally with apple butter mixture.
- Bring any remaining apple butter mixture to a boil. Serve mixture with ribs.