Source of Recipe
These are really good when company comes over.
List of Ingredients
- 1-2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2-2 cups water
- 2 Tbs. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8-12 Diane's Blend Tortillas
- Canola oil for deep frying
- Boil chicken until just cooked through. Chop, shred or grind cooked chicken and place in a large frying pan. Add water and stir in spices. Simmer over low heat until meat is richly colored and has absorbed the liquid.
- Heat oil, at least 2 inches deep, in a large frying pan or deep fryer.
- Warm the tortillas to soften, and spread chicken mixture in a 1/2-inch strip along one side of the tortilla. Roll up the tortilla tightly and place on a tray with the overlaping edge down to avoid unrolling. Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken until all ingredients are used.
- When oil is hot, place taquitos (in batches) in pan and brown to desired crispness. Drain excess oil on paper towels. Serve with pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream.