Pinwheels: Apricot Cream Cheese Pinwheels
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
¼ teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup apricot preserves
1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1. Pastry: In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and' salt with electric mixer until smooth. With mixer on low, gradually add flour until just blended. Flatten into an 8x6-inc rectangle. Wrap and chill at least 12 hours.
2. Stir preserves and nuts in a small bowl.
3. On a well-floured surface, roll cold pastry into a 12xl4-inch rectangle. Spread preserve mixture to within 1 ½ inch of edges. Roll up from on long side into an even log. Press seam firmly to seal. Cut log in half. Wrap and chill until very firm or freeze 30 minutes.
4. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet(s) With a serrated knife, cut each log into 2 slices. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet(s).
5. Bake, I sheet at a time, 15 minutes unti edges are golden. Remove to wire rack to cool. Store tightly covered up to 1 week or freeze.
YIELD: 56 Cookies