Plum-Glazed Chili Chicken
Better Homes and Gardens-2/98
List of Ingredients
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds chicken pieces
- 1/3 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons red chili paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup plum jam
- green onion strips (optional)
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Arrange chicken pieces in a 15x10x1" baking pan, making sure the pieces do not touch. Combine green onion, soy, chili paste, ginger and garlic salt. Brush the surface of the chicken with 2 tablespoons of the mixture. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir remaining chili paste mixture into the plum jam; brush about half the mixture over the chicken. Return to oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes more or till golden and chicken is no longer pink. Heat remaining plum jam mixture. Spoon over chicken before serving. Garnish with green onion strips, if desired.
- Servings: 6