Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 4 to 4-1/4 cups all-purpose Kroger flour
- 1/4 cup Kroger sugar
- 2 tbsp. non-fat dry milk
- 2 envelopes FLEISCHMANN's RapidRise Yeast
- 2 tsp. Kroger salt
- 1-1/4 cups plus 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. Kroger butter or margarine
- 1 (3.5-oz.) package sweetened dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, dry milk, undissolved yeast and salt. Heat water and butter until very warm (120-130 F). Gradually add to dry ingredients. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of eletric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in cranberries, pecans and enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, a obut 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll dough to 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Beginning from short end, roll up tightly as for jelly roll. Pinch seam and ends to seal. Place, seam side down, in greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft free place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375 F for 35 to 45 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
Makes 1 loaf