Source of Recipe
Serves - 12
Points - 2
List of Ingredients
1 c unbleached flour
1 c whole wheat flour
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/3 c sugar
2 egg whites
1/4 c unsweetened orange juice
1 T vegetable oil
1 T unsweetened applesauce
1 t vanilla flavoring
8 oz fat-free vanilla yogurt
1 c blueberries, washed and dried
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, yogurt, oil, applesauce, juice and vanilla.
4. Make a well in dry ingredients, and add wet ingredients.
5. Mix just until no large lumps remain. Do not overmix.
6. Gently fold in blueberries. (I also save a few to add to the tops of the muffins.)
7. Divide batter into 12 paper muffin cups.
8. Bake 14-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
9. Remove muffins from pan immediately and cool on wire rack.
10. Freeze or refrigerate leftovers.
Nutritional info per muffin: 129 calories, 1 gm fat, 213 mgs sodium, 112 mgs potassium, 26 gms carb, 2 gms fiber, 4 gms protein