CHOCOLATE BREAD **Banana**
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup sour milk **add 1 Tbsp vinegar
- ***OPTIONAL*** 1 small banana, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients together. Stir well.
- In a smaller bowl, beat the egg, add the melted butter and the sour milk.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well, till blended.
- Fold in 3/4 cups walnuts (if desired) and pour into a 9x5x3" loaf pan that has been sprayed with Pam or some or some other cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated, 350 degrees oven for about 50 minutes to one hour.
- Check with a tooth pick after 50 minutes to see if it comes out clean. It depends on your oven.
For a wonderful addition and moister bread, ADD 1/2 MASHED BANANA to the mixture. It's fabulous!!