APPLE WALNUT SQUARES
Source of Recipe
A book....Sharing Our Best --Assumption Church of Eden Valley c. 2001
These are like a blonde brownie with apples. You don't necessarily need to add the walnuts. PREHEAT OVEN to 350 degrees, after the apples and sugar sit for 45 minutes.
List of Ingredients
- 4 cups chopped apples, peeled
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- **1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Peel 3 or 4 medium apples to make 4 cups. Chop up in bite size pieces.
- IMPORTANT: Combine apples and sugar. LET STAND for 45 minutes before using.
- In a seperate bowl, beat eggs and oil.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir the flour mix into egg/oil mixture, alternating with apple/sugar mixture.
- If desired, fold in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 9x13" baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes.
Very good brownies/bars.