Roasted Tomato Ketchup
Source of Recipe
Provida member hunger
This recipe makes very little ketchup, as I reduce it down
quite a bit so it is very thick. You can quadruple the recipe or cook it down less time for a thinner ketchup. I made a batch using 18 lbs of tomatoes and it yielded 3 quarts of ketchup.
List of Ingredients
- 1-1/2 lbs ripe tomatoes, cored, quartered and roasted
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar substitute
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet
- Roast in oven for 10-15 minutes or until soft.
- Transfer to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Strain tomatoes, pressing against the solids with a wooden spoon to extract as much pulp and juice as possible.
- Saute onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add tomato puree and remaining ingredients and continue cooking, uncovered for 2 or more hours, stirring occasionally, until thick.
Contains: Free foods
Morning Snack A-B-C-D-E
Afternoon Snack A-B-C-D-E
Evening Snack A-B-C-D-E