Braised Chicken with a "Creamy Gravy"
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- ˝ Pound Pearl Onions
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- ˝ cup thinly sliced celery
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 – 1 ˝ lbs)
- 1 cup chardonnary or other dry white wine
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth (2 cups of you dont want wine)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 fresh Sage Leaves or 2 Tsp dried Sage
- ˝ pound fresh mushrooms quartered
- Sauté sliced onions, carrots and celery in a pan coated with pam until tender
- Add chicken to pan and brown on both sides
- Add wine; simmer until reduced to ˝ cup. Stir in broth and seasonings.
- Return chicken to pan; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken to serving platter.
- Combine rice flour with chicken broth until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Add bay leaf. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return vegetables to pan. Remove from heat; cover and set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, sauté halved pearl onions and mushrooms until tender. Discard bay leaf, add chicken and vegetables and enjoy.
- Serve with Seasoned Rice.
Contains: Protein B Free Veggie
Breakfast: A B C D E
MM Snack: A B C D E
Lunch: A B C D E
MA Snack: A B C D E
Dinner: A B C D E
Pm snack: A D E