Chicken Carne Asada
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
* 2 lbs chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
* 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
* 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
* 1 large tomato, chopped
* 1 fresh jalapeno, thinly sliced crosswise
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1/2 tsp cumin
* 1 tsp chili powder
* 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water
Warm large saucepan or heavy pot over medium heat. Add chicken cubes and saute until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes.
Add bell pepper, onion, and tomato. Stir well. Mix in jalapeno, garlic, cumin, chili powder, pepper, and vegetable stock.
Reduce to low, cover and simmer until meat is very tender, 2 to 2-1/2 hours, adding additional stock if stew starts sticking to bottom.
Serve piping hot with carb of choice.
Compatible with Body Type:
Morning Snack A-B-C-D-E
Afternoon Snack A-B-C-D-E
Evening Snack A-D-E
This Recipe Contains: Protein B