Liberace Sticky Buns
Source of Recipe
the Liberace Museum in Las Vegas
List of Ingredients
1 cup white raisins
3/4 cup light rum
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 pound (two sticks) unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon each of ground nutmeg, allspice, cloves and ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 packages (18 buns) Pillsbury crescent dough
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup whole pecans
Butter for greasing pans
1. Soak raisins in rum over a low flame. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter and stir in spices and brown sugar until mixture becomes bubbling syrup.
4. Unroll crescent dough, keeping each package in one flat piece.
5. Drizzle one quarter of the syrup over each individual piece of dough, reserving last one quarter for later.
6. Sprinkle one third of raisins and spread one third of chopped pecans on each of three sheets of dough.
7. Roll up each section of dough, jellyroll style, and cut into 1-inch pieces.
8. Grease two eight-muffin pans or three six-muffin pans with butter.
9. Put a scant teaspoon of reserved syrup and a few whole pecans in bottom of each muffin mold. Cover with individual jellyroll pieces, cut side up.
10. Bake in preheated oven for time recommended on Pillsbury packages.
11. While pans are still hot, invert them on a sheet of heavy aluminum foil, allowing buns to be released. Replace any syrup and pecans that cling to molds on individual buns.
"You should serve my sticky buns while they're still warm and have that fresh-from-the-oven taste. Believe me, there'll be none left over." -Liberace