No Fat Yougurt Biscuits
Source of Recipe
2 cups all-purpose flour -- * see note
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
*NOTE: The recipe calls for 2 cups minus 1 tablespoon flour, of which 1 tablespoon is reserved.
1. In small bowl, combine 1 cup of the flour with the yogurt, blending until very
2. Sprinkle with sugar.
3. Cover loosely with plastic wrap or a damp towel.
4. Let stand in a warm, draft-free place at least 4 hours, or overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 425º.
6. In separate bowl, combine remaining flour, the baking powder, baking soda
7. Add to yogurt mixture, mixing until blended.
8. Sprinkle work surface with 1 tablespoon reserved flour.
9. Turn dough out onto prepared work surface.
10.Pat into an 8 x 6 inch rectangle.
11.Cut into 16 even pieces.
12.Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
13.Place biscuits on sheet, 1 inch apart.
14.Bake 10 minutes.
15.Lower heat to 400º.
16.Bake 10 minutes more, or until biscuits are medium brown.
Makes 16 Biscuits
66 calories, 0 gm fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 13 gm carbohydrate, 0 gm fiber, 2 gm protein