Sweet and Sour Shrimp
Source of Recipe
• 3/4 pound fresh or frozen, peeled and deveined shrimp
• 1/3 cup bottled stir-fry sauce
• 1/4 cup pineapple-orange juice
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 3 cups assorted fresh stir-fry vegetables from produce department
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Rinse shrimp; pat dry. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine the stir-fry sauce and pineapple-orange juice; set aside.
2. Coat an unheated nonstick wok or large skillet with cooking spray. (Add oil, if necessary, during cooking.) Heat wok or skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add vegetables; stir fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from wok. Add shrimp; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Push shrimp to side of wok.
4. Add sauce mixture to wok. Return vegetables to wok. Toss gently to coat. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until heated through. Makes 4 servings.
Dietary Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 very lean meat.
Test Kitchen Tip: If you can't find pineapple-orange juice, substitute orange juice or apple juice.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 119, total fat: 1g, saturated fat: 0g, cholesterol: 131mg, sodium: 666mg, carbohydrate: 11g, fiber: 2g, protein: 17g