Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
CRISCOŽ Oil* for deep frying
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and chopped to make 1 cup
1 tablespoon CRISCOŽ Oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1. Heat 2 to 3 inches oil to 365°F in deep fryer or deep saucepan.
2. Combine egg and milk in large bowl. Stir in apple and 1 tablespoon oil.
3. Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Add to egg mixture. Stir until just mixed.
4. Drop by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into oil. Fry about 4 minutes or until golden brown. Turn as needed for even browning. Remove with slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
5. Combine confectioners' sugar and remaining 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon in re-sealable bag. Gently shake fritters in