Mini Turtle Cupcakes
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
1 package (21.5 ounces) brownie mix plus ingredients to prepare mix
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup prepared or homemade dark chocolate frosting
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
12 caramels, unwrapped
1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 54 mini (1-1/2-inch) muffin cups with paper baking cups.
2. Prepare brownie batter as directed on package. Stir in chopped pecans.
3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups filling 2/3 full. Bake 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes to racks; cool completely. (At this point, cupcakes may be frozen up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature before frosting.)
4. Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes; top with pecans.
5. Combine caramels and 1 tablespoon cream in small saucepan. Cook over low heat until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Add additional 1 tablespoon cream if needed. Drizzle caramel decoratively over cupcakes. Store at room temperature up to 24 hours or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days before serving.