Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 6 medium green peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sause
- 2 teaspoons chili power
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded, sharp American cheese, plus more for
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.Cut tops off green peppers, remove seeds and membrane; add to pot and boil 3-5 minutes, depending how crisp you like them. Set upside down to drain.
- In the meantime, in a large skillet brown meat with onion; add garlic, tomato, rice, Worcestershire, chili powder, salt, pepper and cheese. Mix Well
Divide meat mixture evenly among peppers. Stand upright 10 x 6 inch baking dish or bundt pan, to keep them upright.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with extra cheese if desired.
- Serves Six