Chocolate Orange Cupcake
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
• 1-1/2 cups Cake Flour
• 1 tsp Baking Soda
• 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
• 1 1/2 cups Sugar
• 2 large eggs at room temperature
• 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
• 1 cup Orange Juice
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1 1/2 tsp Orange Zest
• For Chocolate Butter cream:
• 1/2 cup Butter
• 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
• 2 cups Confectioner's Sugar
• 3 tbsp of Whipping Cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Line the muffin cups
with paper liners.
• Sift together cake flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and
cocoa powder, set aside.
• Beat the eggs, sugar and oil until the sugar is well blended. Now
beat in orange juice, vanilla extract and orange zest until well
• Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until the batter is evenly
• Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
• Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at center
comes out clean.
• Transfer the cupcakes to wire racks and cool completely.
• Now beat butter in a blender on high speed until soft.
• Add cocoa powder and half the sugar and beat until blended well.
• Now add the remaining sugar along with 1 tbsp of cream and beat
until well blended.
• Add the remaining cream and beat on high for 3-4 minutes.
• Frost the cupcakes with the butter cream.
• Decorate with an edible flower or a piece of fresh orange and